Post No 7 – By Rusty
At CoGG, the HR continues to tell Councillors what they need. How many is this now? Let the newly elected councillors and the New Mayor decide what support they need.
This appears to be on top of the last 3 positions called Councillor Liaison Officer. I remind you that those positions are at a lower level and report to a co-ordinator role that seems to already exist in the CEO Department.
The CEO department also has a Media and Communication section. Maybe someone should ask what their role is at CoGG?
Council / Employment / Opportunities /
Chief Liaison Officer
Job no: 492288
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Classification: Band 8
Categories: Governance & Legal
About the Governance & Legal Services Department
This department is part of our Governance & Legal Services Division, and is responsible for the provision of specialist legal advice, good governance, internal audit and high-level support to the Mayor and Councillors, ensuring Council operates as efficiently and effectively as possible.
About the role
The Chief Liaison Officer (Chief LO) is responsible for facilitating good communication between the Mayor and the City, providing strategic advice, support and guidance to the Mayor across a range of civic and governance matters to ensure that the Mayor can effectively fulfil their civic duties.
1. Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
2. Facilitate the relationship between the Mayor and the City through effective coordination of communication, information and advice as between the Mayor and the CEO.
3. Support the CEO’s relationship with the Mayor, ensuring the provision of timely, strategic advice on all relevant matters in the strictest confidence.
4. Ensure that the Mayor receives high-quality and timely advice, support and guidance on matters related to good governance and civic duty.
5. Assist with the management and coordination of all Mayoral correspondence, briefings, requests and facilities and expenses requirements in collaboration with the Mayor & Councillor Support Unit.
6. In collaboration with the Senior Communications Advisor and the Mayor and Councillor Support Unit, prepare and provide quality assurance and background research for speeches, media releases, briefings, correspondence and other documentation for or from the Mayor, ensuring consistency to applicable protocols.
7. Coordinate the end-to-end requirements of any event attended by the Mayor, including attending as required to provide the required support.
Key selection criteria
1. Detailed knowledge of, or an ability to quickly develop detailed knowledge of, the City’s structures, administrative mechanisms, governance protocols, and business procedures.
2. Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to positively liaise and negotiate with a range of internal and external stakeholders at the highest level.
3. The ability to operate effectively, efficiently and flexibly with experience in managing competing priorities and multiple workflows.
4. Ability to identify and provide advice on strategic issues.
5. Demonstrated ability to deliver successful outcomes in a timely and consistent manner.
6. Experience in providing quality assurance for a range of formal communications including correspondence, briefings, speeches, media releases, submissions and reports.
7. Experience in working in a politically sensitive and/or confidential environment.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description button to view more information about this position, and Apply now to submit your application. Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria.
Enquiries: Aaron Hussey | 03 5272 4930 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: 05 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Post #7 – date 13/10/17